1.03.2010






Recently my brother-in-law got a golden retriever puppy. I met this little ball of fur while visiting over the holidays. As a good friend of mine says, she is so cute I could "die of cuteness asphyxiation."

I noticed a lot of photographs with dogs and puppies in my great grandfather's collection. It makes me wonder what the deal is with soldiers and dogs? Or maybe my great grandpop just liked dogs? Whatever the case, these photographs are delightful.

The first photograph has writing on the back that says "Richmond and his mascot."






The third photo "Gentre with one of Luut. Mudd's pup."
















Forth photo "Richmond and Williams with German police dog."

3 comments:

  1. I think the love between soldiers and dogs might have something to do with the unconditional friendship and loyalty that dogs possess. I think, as a soldier, I would find such attributes to be very noble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they utilized some of their keen senses in the war too? As I believe most of them are German Shepard puppies.

    ReplyDelete