10.29.2009




These photographs are posted in the spirit of Halloween. Halloween is my favorite holiday. This year will also be extra special because my husband and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary.

In the caption my great grandfather uses the term 'doghboy'. I believe 'doghboy' was intended to be 'doughboy'. They were American expeditionary soldiers that took part in the later years of WWI.

Apparently the term existed prior to the war as a British and American nickname. They later became known as GIs. There is a lot of speculation as to where the term came from. You can investigate this further by searching online.

Photograph 1 caption:
American soldiers as actresses having a little trouble
Photograph 2 caption: American 'doghboys' dressed as actresses


No comments:

Post a Comment